Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.
Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. If you don't get everything you want, think of the things you don't get that you don't want.
Happiness is EASIER than you think
Despite what the fairy tales depict, happiness doesn’t appear by magic. It’s not even something that happens to you. It’s something you create and cultivate.
Although you may have thought, as many people do, that happiness comes from being born rich or beautiful or living a stress-free life, the reality is that people who have wealth, beauty or less stress are not happier on average than those who don’t enjoy those blessings. Science has actually proven that only 10% of the variation in people’s reports of happiness can be explained by differences in their circumstances. People who are happy, seem to intuitively know that their happiness is the sum of their life choices and their lives are built on their thoughts, attitudes, actions and behaviours. So, yes, YOU CAN learn how to BE HAPPY — or at least happier. Let’s take Key Steps now and…
Follow the ‘EASIER’ way to happiness – Part 2: Attitude & Action
- Attitude. Cultivate optimism. Develop the habit of seeing the positive side of things. You needn’t become a Pollyanna – after all, unfortunate things do happen. It would be unwise to pretend otherwise. But you don’t have to let the negatives colour your whole outlook. If you’re not an optimistic person by nature, it may take time for you to change your thinking, just take one step at a time and always take…
- Action. Start by recognising negative thoughts as you have them. Then take a step back and ask yourself these key questions:
- Is the situation really as bad as you think?
- Is there another way to look at the situation?
- What can I learn from this experience that I can use in the future?
Christopher Peterson (PhD at the University of Michigan), who has studied optimism’s link to health for over 20 years, shows optimistic people have stronger immune systems than their negative counterparts. This may be due to their tendency to take better care of themselves. Choose to be happy now and you’ll have more days of good health to enjoy and more opportunities to…